Are You Terrified Of Gaining Weight?
Is Your Eating The Only Thing You Feel you Can Control?
Do You Hate Your Body?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions then you just might have an eating disorder
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns such as cutting food into tiny pieces
- Eating alone
- Hiding food
- Depression or lethargic state
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking
– the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends
– may become isolated and withdrawn
Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
Treatment for an Eating Disorder
Because of the severity and complexities of these conditions, a comprehensive and professional treatment team specializing in eating disorders is often fundamental in establishing healing and recovery. Treatment for an eating disorder is usually comprised with medical doctors, nutritionists and therapists.
It has been recognised that many people with an eating disorder have rigid “black and white” negative thinking.
This type of thinking leads to negative emotions – stress, guilt, shame and anger
this effects the systems of the body – fertility, hormonal balance and energy.
Each time negative thoughts are repeated they are re-enforced and strengthened .
Read Linda’s article which explains in more detail different types of eating disorders.
The Role Of Hypnosis And NLP In Recovery
- You can learn techniques to access calm feelings whenever you need them.
- They provide new resources for coping with the stresses of life.
- And also an opportunity for you to address and heal from past traumatic experiences.
- NLP provides several techniques to change how you think, feel and behave
Whilst in a state of hypnosis, our subconscious mind is more available to us, more open to receive suggestions that may become a natural part of new behaviours. Suggestions to our subconscious mind bypass the critical mind, which we use day-to-day and go straight to the part of the mind that controls habits.
Read more about hypnosis and how it works.
The practice of Mindfulness meditation is also known to help a person be more aware of themselves, in particular about what they are saying to themselves and can reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
Holistic Massage is another way of releasing stress in the body
You might find my article Are you confused about your relationship with food insightful.
£55 for an initial discounted 1.5 hour session
– thereafter ad hoc sessions @ £45 per 50 minutes.
Fees include a free audio cd (or MP3 download) to support you between sessions.
3 sessions – £135 (1 x 1.5 hours + 2 x 50 minutes) – £10 discount
5 sessions – £195 (1 x 1.5 hours + 4 x 50 minutes) – £20 discount
All packages are payable in full upfront.
The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre,
23 Bath Road,
At least 5 Sessions are recommended.
The first session will be of 1.5 hours’ duration when Linda will take the time to get to know you and to help you understand factors that are preventing you from having a healthy relationship with food.
She can help you to define clear goals and establish daily deliberate actions to reach those goals.
Thereafter subsequent sessions will be of 50 minutes duration.